Thursday, January 20, 2011

Okay, different topic today

Today was originally planned to be Triple Thursday, where I would review a PS3 game. However, things didn't go quite as planned, and so I'll have to take a step back for today. And so, without further ado, I bring to you:

psTWO THURSDAY

Yep. I'm going to be giving a little review on a PS2 game. And today's game is one that I don't think many people have heard about. It's a little gem that wasn't officially released in the US, and it's name is Namco X Capcom.

This game plays like a strategy-type RPG, kinda like Final Fantasy Tactics but not quite. It takes place over many dimensions, covering both the Namco and Capcom side of things. This was the first RPG of this type that I played, and I have to admit, I was drawn in almost immediately. You see the picture above that I posted. Basically everyone in that picture is playable at one point in time or another. Also, the battle style is very outside the ordinary for an RPG of its time. It would be better if I just showed you though.


It's much like a fighter in some ways, but it blends in the RPG aspects to figure out how much damage is dealt, and so on. Unfortunately, you'll only find this game in japanese, but there is an english patch out there somewhere. At any rate, you should definitely get this game. Find it on ebay or something.

6 comments:

  1. I'll be sure to check it out, it sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun game. BTW, I love how you have a different topic theme everyday. Followed.

    http://rhetoricrants.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks cool if i can find the patch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks sick. What do you think about Marvel Vs Capcom?!

    Check out my blog.....Follow/Comment, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. supporting this blog bro. have u heard of dc universe?

    http://thegoldenchild3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete